I started making content on a whim when the pandemic started. But now I make content so that people can follow how I invest personally, which is a relatively unique style developed through years of interest in technology, apprenticeship in value investing, and Wall Street experience.
I have traced all Big Board trades since inception on August 18, 2020 to show a more-transparent and truer view of our “ROIC Portfolio”. This updated view is now live and I will be rolling out Buy/Sell alerts this week as well. This way, members will be able to follow our investments more-accurately in real-time.
In the past four months, our implied ROIC Portfolio is up a phenomenal 31%, especially considering our average cash position was over 15%.
- We’ve outperformed meaningfully even while keeping sizeable cash amounts to buy on dips.
- Some of the notable winners were $PTON, $SPOT, $SQ, $ASAN, $ACI, $CVS, Bitcoin, among others. Clearly the market has liked non-FANGMAN growth stocks.
- In fact, many who have been following the content since May might be up more, given the early conversation about $PTON under $60, $SPOT under $190, and Bitcoin under $10,000.
We should never rest on past performance and instead always focus on current opportunities, risks, and how we should position for the long-term.
- We are long-term investors with the goal of compounding our brokerage and retirement accounts many multiples over decades, not months or years.
- A 30-50% short-term gain means nothing compared to multiplying your wealth 10-15x over 20 years.
As such, I am currently considering churning a few stocks out of the ROIC Big Board this week and replacing them with new exciting opportunities.