On the ROIC Big Board, I have closed our position in Asana ($ASAN) at $35 per share, which was a core holding we added back in November at an average cost of $21.66.
- This represents a 62% return over two months and is obviously a huge win for the portfolio.
- I’ve also made a couple other moves on the Big Board, so if you’re a ROIC member, check out the Big Board.
As of this morning, the Big Board portfolio is up 59% over the five months since we started it (in earnest) in August.
- Splitting the returns out, the Equity + Cash portion of the portfolio is up 43% and the Bitcoin portion is up 170%.
- This is all while taking much lower risk than most other “growth only” portfolios. We’ve achieved this return despite having a healthy mix of value stocks and having kept an average cash position of 14%. For reference, a fund like ARK Innovation ($ARKK) only keeps a 0.5% to 2.0% cash allocation at any given time.
- I look forward to continuing our risk-adjusted returns we can deliver in 2021!
Congrats to all ROIC members that followed me into $ASAN, among others, and I hope you feel like the membership is worth every penny!
- If you follow the content you know that we are working on delivering even more content and features as we grow, and we are working on doubling down on content.
- If you’re not a member, consider joining us here. And don’t worry, we will always continue our free content and coverage for more casual community members.