“Comcast Corp. posted a 6.9% rise in fourth-quarter net profit, boosted by continued growth at its broadband business, while the coronavirus pandemic continued to pressure its movie and theme-park units,” WSJ writes.
- Quarterly Revenue: $27.71 billion (-2.4%)
- Net Profit: $3.38 billion
“McDonald’s Corp. said renewed restrictions around the world aiming to contain the coronavirus pandemic are hurting its global sales and profit,” WSJ writes.
- Quarterly Revenue: $5.3 billion
- Earnings Per Share: $1.70
“Americans drinking more Don Julio tequila and other spirits at home during the pandemic outweighed a slump in sales at bars, helping liquor giant Diageo PLC report a rise in half-year organic sales,” WSJ writes.
- Quarterly Net Sales: £6.87 billion (from £7.2 billion)
- Net Profit: £1.58 billion (from £1.87 billion)
“Samsung Electronics Co. reported a 26% boost in its fourth-quarter net profit Thursday, as the world’s largest maker of smartphones and memory chips continues to ride sustained demand for its products amid the coronavirus pandemic,” WSJ writes.
- Quarterly Revenue: 61.55 trillion South Korean won (last year: 59.88 trillion won)
- Net Profit: 6.61 trillion won (last year: 59.88 trillion won)